German Continental will build new plant in Mexico

German auto parts supplier Continental AG said on Thursday it would invest more than 52 million euros (US $59 million) in a new automotive electronics plant in Mexico.

The company will begin construction of the plant in Aguascalientes in mid-2019, the company said in a statement. Production will start in 2021, the company added.

Continental Mexico’s Periférico Plant plan manager, Carlos Huerta, informed that this production project will generate at least 1,000 new jobs in the next five years.

According to the announcement made in Aguascalientes, the manager of the Continental North electronics plan, Ned Recgamp, said that the announced investment is for the first stage of construction and introduction of machinery that will begin next year.

The German company expects its production to go 70% to the United States and the remaining 30% to Mexico.

With this plant, the company will add 25 complexes in the country and about 27,000 jobs in the initial stage.

Sign Up for Our Newsletters

You May Also Like

Brazil: Oil block reorganization of Equinor, Exxon and Galp approved after participation sale

The Administrative Council of Economic Defense (Cade) approved without restrictions the operation…

Fiat Chrysler will invest close to US $ 3.7 Billion in Latin America until 2022

The Fiat Chrysler Group (FCA) plans to invest close to US $3.7…

Ehang 184: The first flight with passengers in a taxi drone

The dream of seeing a flying taxi through the heavens seems to…

Maduro announces signing with Russia of new oil agreements and to exploit gold in Venezuela

Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro said Thursday in Moscow that in his three-day…