Thanks for your interest in contributing useful information to our visitors. Every article submitted by users gets reviewed by our editorial team prior to being published. Below are editorial guidelines for getting your article published on our Industry Trend website.
The Editorial Board is committed to hosting a civil and informed debate on the issues that matter most to the Industry Trend readers.
What we want from freelance writers, contributors and business people pitching story ideas
Most of our stories are written by our staff, with occasional contributions from outside sources. We do work with a small group of freelance writers, and are always on the lookout for journalists who can craft stories for our very specific audience. Our stories are timely and news-driven and offer insights from the top industries from around the world.
If you are a publicist for an organization with a great story, we want to hear from you—an e-mail outlining the story idea is best. If you are a PR person for a company that has an annual revenue of at least 20 million dollars and the company’s have impressive stories to tell concerning their success with their products and services, we’re interested in hearing about them. While we do not publish publicist-written case studies, we do read them as background for developing our own stories, if you are willing to share them with us on that basis.
Before pitching us, freelancers and publicists should become familiar with our website and our print publication. Please read our stories—several of them—to get a sense of what makes an Industry Trend article work.
Our website readers run the gamut, from high-level Executives at big companies to managers working in organizations of fewer than 500 people, so we look for clear, nontechnical, non-promotional, jargon-free writing and a count of 650 -1,000 or so words.
**Normally, your article will be published within 24-48 hours of submission, or returned to you with editorial feedback.
Broadly, here’s what we look for in deciding whether or not to publish an article submission:
- No Spam – If you’re planning on submitting spam, please don’t bother. The article will not get published and you will lose access to the site.
- No promotional content – We do not allow promotional content within articles. Article links may not be to subscription pages, or promotions, but rather to other articles you’ve published on Industry Trend that add value to the reader.
- Unique, Relevant and High Quality Content – Our readers are looking for information that is relevant to business. They do not want to read the same type of content already posted here and are looking for articles that can educate them about business. Any content submitted is required to be your own and not published elsewhere. We have two main audiences you can cater to: C-Level Executives and business professionals. Any guest post that is submitted should be directed towards one of these readers.
- Well Written Content – We’re not looking for you to write at the same level as William Faulkner, but guest writers need to meet a minimum threshold of quality. Your content should use proper spelling and grammar. Additionally, your post should have a tone and clarity that is both interesting and simple to comprehend for the targeted audience.
- Images – Images can help add interest or provide a better explanation than plain text. Any images used must be your own or not restricted by copyright.
- Formatting – Posts should be formatted and organized in an easy to follow way. Do not submit content that is in ALL CAPs, one single block of text, etc.
- Linking – Yes, you can include links within your guest posts but they must be relevant and on-topic. If you are looking to simply link back to your own site with highly optimized anchor text, your post may get rejected or the link will be removed. Affiliate links are not allowed.
- Rights we acquire – All rights
If you have any additional questions about becoming a contributor, please email us: email@example.com and we’d be happy to assist you.